The Road So Far
Since becoming an attorney, I’ve gotten to put my passion for overcoming obstacles to great use for those in need. Clients come to me when they’re hurt and feeling lost, and I get to not only argue on their behalf, but also guide them toward clarity and comfort. The work is challenging, but it’s also deeply rewarding each time I win for a client.
The appreciation I get from my clients is gratifying in and of itself, but I’ve also been honored to receive recognition from the legal community over the years. For instance, I have been named a "Top Lawyer" by Houstonia Magazine and received an Avvo rating of “Superb.”
Awards aren’t everything, but I look to these pieces of recognition as a clear sign that I’m continuing to take my practice in the right direction. I also revel in the fact that I am routinely asked to serve as lead trial counsel by other prestigious law firms and seasoned attorneys on behalf of their clients. If it helps their clients to reach a fair resolution, I’m always happy to step in and put my litigation skills to good use. In 2017, I served as trial counsel for another firm and obtained the second highest verdict in Texas in 2017 for a DTPA case.
My professional portfolio shows that I’ve been spearheading tough cases since my late twenties, but in truth, my passion for my work began long before that. As I think back on my past and look to the future, I can say with certainty that the word “driven” will always describe me.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Louisiana
Education & Honors
- Super Lawyer: Rising Star, 2012-2018
- National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 Under 40
- Avvo Rating: Superb, Top Attorney Personal Injury
- Avvo Rating: Superb, Top Attorney Mesothelioma
- Avvo Rating: Superb, Top Attorney Wrongful Death
- Avvo Rating: Clients' Choice, Personal Injury, 2015-2016
- "Top Lawyer": Houstonia Magazine, 2015-2016
- National Institute of Legal Counsel: 10 Best Firms
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Pepperdine University School of Law, salutatorian, summa cum laude
- Order of Barristers
- Order of the Coif
- Pepperdine University School of Law Faculty Scholar
- Wheaton College, magna cum laude
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- "Taking a Stand for Justice: A Widow Leads the Way," TRIAL 2008.
- Presented at Northeast HB Litigation Conference 2012, "Trying an Asbestos Case - How to Get the W."
- Presented as Plaintiff's Counsel for Mocktrial at Perrin Conference: Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation, 2012.