O'Hara Law Firm
What Should a Victim Do if Attacked by a Dog?
If you or someone you love has been attacked by a dog, take the following steps after reaching a safe location:
- Take pictures of the wounds and the dog.
- Obtain the names and contact information for all the witnesses of the dog attack.
- Obtain the owner’s or caretaker’s name and contact information.
- Seek medical attention. If it is a life-threatening injury, seek medical attention immediately and forego the above steps.
- Contact an attorney that has experience handling dog bite cases.
- If you have been injured by a dog, contact our attorneys to learn your options. Contact our office (832) 956-1138
We have experience pursuing compensation for clients who have been seriously and permanently injured by dog attacks. In some instances, the property owner, HOA, landlord and others may be partly responsible for the attack if they were negligent or knew of the dog’s dangerous propensities. Call O'Hara Law Firm after receiving initial medical treatment.